[Pdns-users] PDNS and MYSQL

Gregory King gregk at wwwpages.com
Wed Nov 21 02:56:00 UTC 2007

I'm sure this has been answered before, but here goes!

I run Freebsd6.2-release.  Mysql 5.1 and the latest powerdns.

The problem is, PDNS will not load on boot.
the error is...

gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to
local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

If I change it to use 127.0.0.1 it complains that it can't connect to it
also.

It appears PDNS loads before MYSQL does, thus can't connect.

As I said, I am sure someone else has had this problem...  help is
appreciated!

Greg