[Pdns-users] LDAP backend - multiple ldap-basedn statements ?

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Tue May 29 11:42:33 UTC 2007

Hi Andy

>   The first (base o=ami-net) I run slurpd replication between 4 servers,
>   and pdns on all.
>   The second (base o=wizzy) I run between two servers.
>   The zones are separate - aims.ac.za and wizzy.org.za
>
>   I have to move the second setup, and I would like one of my servers
>   from the first set to secondary for the second. I have set up a second
>   LDAP database, with a different suffix, that takes replication from my
>   new master LDAP+pdns server.
>
>   On the secondary, I can make LDAP queries for either LDAP database.
>   One is slurpd replicated from o=ami-net, the other will be slurpd
>   replicated from o=wizzy.
>
>   Can I have pdns answer queries for both zones ?

Yes, you can but not via adding two BaseDNs to the same configuration. Using
one pdns instance for two LDAP trees does only work if these trees share the
same root.

But you can use the virtual hosting facility of pdns to query two LDAP servers
with different configurations and trees.

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc