[Pdns-users] dynamic load balacing

fatih cerit somenicit at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 15:27:16 UTC 2007

>From: Duane <duane at e164.org>
>To: fatih cerit <somenicit at hotmail.com>
>CC: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
>Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] dynamic load balacing
>Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:34:07 +1000
>
>fatih cerit wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>Is it possible to query requesting client's ip address in backend query
>>like %s ??? I am looking for dynamic load balancing of my clients on sip
>>network but first I must authenticate them. If I get the requesting client
>>ip address/natted ip address in the backend  queries I will be able to
>>load balance and be able to route some reguest where ever I want.  Is
>>there any one who can help for is it possible or not.
>
>Why not use SRV records, SRV records are specifically there for fail over
>and load balancing etc etc etc and things like FreeSwitch/SER/OpenSER
>handle such things very seamlessly (unlike other VoIP apps that will remain
>nameless that have crappy SIP stacks)...

because ....
1- if you are not dynamically load balacing this can only be load balancing.
2- if you can trying to load balance with SER. You write to ser-mailing
list.
3- if your clients registering sip.example.com at 172.16.0.1 and server down
then your clients going to register sip.example.com at 172.16.30.40 if you
have a failover rotation rule at DNS level. But if you have a dynamic fail
over rule you can say some clients register sip.example.com at 172.16.60.70

thanks for your advice I am looking for a solution like 3th.