[Pdns-users] Using both recursor and pdns authorative

Fernando Ruiz Vera frv at medipads.de
Fri May 18 10:10:56 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I am working in some experimental project with pdns 2.9.21 under Linux 10.2.
As backend, I am using MySql. This works just fine.

Now, I also want to have the recursor (pdns-recursor-3.1.3) working to cache
and resolve names on the internet. I have installed both packages but no
clue what to do next
.

I can start either pdns server or recursor but not both, since both will try
to open port 53. The message I am getting is:

Exception: Resolver binding to server socket on port 53 127.0.0.1: Address
already in use.

Ohh, one more thing. The pdns-recursor by itself is also working

Any suggestion. Have some one try to do something similar before.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards

Fernando Ruiz Vera

Medipads GmbH