[Pdns-users] Is records.change_date actually used?

Stefan Arentz stefan.arentz at norad.org
Sun Jun 10 15:41:28 UTC 2007

Hello friendly PowerDNS people.

(PowerDNS 2.9.21 / Debian Sarge / MySQL 5.0.x)

I'm looking at the default database schema for the gmysqlbackend and
I am wondering if records.change_date is actually used.

I see it is referenced in the old mysqlcbackend but in the
gmysqlbackend that field doesn't seem to be used at all.

Is this intentional or am I overlooking something? The documentation
states that it is used for automatic serial generation, which is how
I remember using that field. Is that implemented in a different way now?

  S.