[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.20 and TCP queries.

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jan 18 21:32:35 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 03:26:51PM -0600, Jeff Fisher wrote:
> We've run PowerDNS on our authoritative name servers for quite some
> time; however, I noticed after upgrading to 2.9.20 that after the name
> server is running for X days, TCP queries just time out and restarting
> the PowerDNS service fixes the problem.

It is a real issue that many people have reported. All causes we've found of
this happening are fixed in snapshot http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/949/

However, the RPM in that snapshot has been reported to crash immediately for
some people - even before answering a single packet. If that happens, try to
compile from the tar.gz. in the snapshot.

> Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there anything I can do to
> help determine if this is a real bug?

If at all possible, please help verify that snapshot 949 does not have the
problem.

Thanks!