[Pdns-users] MySQL-Reconnecting with MySQL >5.0.3

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Mon Feb 26 21:40:59 UTC 2007

Hi Christian

> starting in MySQL 5.0.3 the reconnect-flag in the mysqlclientlib is set to
> 0 by default, which means no auto-reconnecting.
>
> Any ideas or plans to solve this? We found several "mysql server has gone
> away" in the logfile, while the server runs perfectly.

After reading http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/auto-reconnect.html I
consider disabling auto-reconnect a good thing, even if you are annoyed of
the log file entries :-)

Auto-reconnect is very dangerous while doing an AXFR transfer because it rolls
back the transaction and reenables auto-commit mode. This may leave your zone
in a state where the first half of the records are missing (when a slave
updates it's zone).

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key