[Pdns-users] mysql vs postgresql

Adam Cassar adam.cassar at netregistry.com.au
Mon Feb 5 22:33:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

We tested this on Debian 'testing'. Pdns version is 2.9.20. In testing I
used the gmysql and gpgsql backends.

Postgresql is version 8.1 and Mysql version 5.0.32

The following Postgresql settings where changed:

effective_cache_size
shared_buffers

The following Mysql settings where changed:

key_buffer
query_cache_*

Granted we could have spent more time tuning the various components but
we where satisfied with results.

--
Adam Cassar
ICT Manager

Domains |Business Email|Web Hosting|E-Commerce
Trusted  by  10,000s of  businesses since 1997