[Pdns-users] Difference between serial in SQL domain table and SOA field

Bas van Schaik bas at tuxes.nl
Fri Feb 16 14:23:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm using PowerDNS for a few days now with the gmysql backend. However,
I still haven't found a good description of the "default" database
structure, as proposed on
  http://doc.powerdns.com/configuring-db-connection.html

For example, I can't discover what's the meaning of:
 domains.last_check
 domains.notified_serial
 domains.type (should be "MASTER" in most cases, I assume?)
 domains.account

More specific: what's the difference between domains.notified_serial and
the serial value in the SOA record? There once was a bug about this, but
I can't find it anymore:
  http://ds9a.nl/cgi-bin/cvstrac/pdns/tktview?tn=5,1

(found this link on the pdns-users list archive)

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Regards,

  -- Bas van Schaik