[Pdns-users] Frontend for PowerDNS ?!

AJ McKee aj.mckee at druid-dns.com
Thu Dec 20 01:55:03 UTC 2007

Hi All,

We have been working on a frontend for PDNS for sometime now and gone
through several betas with our customers. Some of the functionality has
been delayed or is not suitable for public consumption.

However given our use of PowerDNS, it is about time we contributed
something back to the community, so we will undertake to build a
community version of our management suite and release it under a GPL
licence. We don't have a project page or anything setup at the moemnt,
however if you want to mail me off list with you suggestions for
features, we will consider adding them to the first build or to schedule
them in subsequent builds. At present we will only be able to support
SQL backends but will endevour to build LDAP functionality in the future
too.

We will close submissions on the 20th of January 2008 18:00 GMT and
commit to a inital beta for release on the 17th March 2008 18:00 GMT.

While we realise that there are several interfaces out there for Power
DNS, we do believe there is room for one more.

It is our hoped that together we can relase a product that will satisfy
your needs and contribute in a meaningful way back to the PDNS community.

Regards
AJ