[Pdns-users] Frontend for PowerDNS ?!

Chris Seufert chris at shopa.com.au
Wed Dec 19 22:04:29 UTC 2007

Under debian (Etch) using the .deb files, it almost works in PHP5 last

time i installed it, but i did have some issues, and ended up running
php4 in fast cgi mode at a few sites that I've setup up poweradmin at. I
still dont think poweradmin is suitable for users without sufficient
knowledge of DNS.

On this topic, I actually ended up writing my own web-frontend
administration to powerdns, along with apache, postfix, and dovecot, due
to the severe lack of any user-friendly "nice" administration tools.
Unfortunately its not something I have the power to release to the
general public. But basically I dont think its all that much work to put
something together to manage just powerdns, depending on how crazy you
want to go with access controls.

-Chris