[Pdns-users] POWERDNS and BIND

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Tue Dec 4 19:19:16 UTC 2007

The zone type has to be 'MASTER' not just the server.  master
and slave in pdns.conf have to be set, but the zone type for the
particular zone must also be set.

Curtis

Ale ***** wrote:
> Hello to all,

have a powerdns server on 192.168.0.1 and i use gmysql backend. In
> pdns.conf i have set disable-axfr=no e master=yes. I have insert a
domain
> and it's related RR in gmysql backend. I have another dns
server on
> 192.168.0.2 that use bind9. It's named.conf is like
this:

> zone "ale.test.it"{

type slave;
>         file "/var/named/bak.ale.test";
>         masters { 192.168.0.1; };
> };

When I modify the db such as adding RR or increment serial number and i
> restart powerdns monitor output likes this:

Dec 05 15:48:25 Done launching threads, ready to distribute questions
> Dec 05 15:48:25 Received NOTIFY for ale.test.it from 192.168.0.1
but slave
> support is disabled in the configuration
> Dec
05 15:48:25 Received unsuccesful notification report for 'ale.test.it'
> from 192.168.0.1, rcode: 4
> Dec 05 15:48:25 Removed from
notification list: 'ale.test.it' to
> 192.168.0.1
> Dec 05
15:48:27 No master domains need notifications

> and if
i make a query like "select * from domains" the serial is 0
again.
> What is possible? Where i failure?

Only one time, when i start the slave maybe, an AXFR were performed.

> OUTPUT:
>
> Dec 05 15:17:18 Done
launching threads, ready to distribute questions
> Dec 05 15:17:42
AXFR of domain 'ale.test.it' initiated by 192.168.0.2
> Dec 05
15:17:42 gmysql Connection succesful
> Dec 05 15:17:42 AXFR of
domain 'ale.test.it' to 192.168.0.2 finished
> Dec 05 15:17:43
Received NOTIFY for ale.test.it from 192.168.0.2 but slave

support is disabled in the configuration

> Who can help
me???

> I see in the pdns monitor's output also
this:

> Dec 05 15:59:41 Not authoritative for
'0.168.192.in-addr.arpa', sending
> servfail to 192.168.0.2
>
> but i haven't query the db for the reverse zone because
i haven't define
> it.. It is maybe possible that this message
appears because i haven't

Pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com

Curtis Maurand
Head Honcho