[Pdns-users] PowerDNS, Bind, and CLOSE_WAIT Problem

Ed McLain EMcLain at teklinks.com
Tue Dec 11 18:06:32 UTC 2007

Hello all.. I've got powerdns 2.9.21 running on 2 servers with bind running
as a backend resolver.  My problem is that for some reason on 1 of the
boxes, randomly, the number of connections between PDNS and Bind will get
stuck in the CLOSE_WAIT state until the process runs out of file descriptors
(currently 1,000).  I've tried to up the number with no luck and was
wondering if anybody had any ideas?  Both dns servers are running on
identical hardware, OS, updates, pdns, and bind versions.  The second box
does not seem to have this problem whatsoever.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Ed McLain