[Pdns-users] Re: Slave zones never refresh if the refresh value is too high

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 03:12:52 UTC 2007

A brief update on this in case anyone is interested.

On Nov 28, 2007 6:23 PM, Brendan Oakley <gentux2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems my next step is to set up another test environment and trace
> this in more detail,

I did set up a test environment. Two PowerDNS daemons running on one
server, one as a master, one as a slave, hosting a single zone with a
refresh setting of 3600. It refreshes exactly when it should. I then
copied the very same problematic zone from the production environment
and set its refresh to 7200. It refreshes exactly when it should.

So, I haven't been able to re-create the problem yet. There is some
other variable besides just the refresh setting. Something significant
is different in the production environment. I'll keep trying.

Thanks.
Brendan