[Pdns-users] Differing (incorrect) behavior in 2.9.21 for AAAA records versus 2.9.20...

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:43:13 UTC 2007

On 8/11/07, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 11:06:23AM -0700, Augie Schwer wrote:
> > > A fix is in svn, so I wonder if people can verify that it solves the
> > > problem.
> > > Good luck!
> > That looks like it fixes it Bert. I'll have to do some more testing on
> > Monday, but preliminary results look good. Thank you so much Bert!
> Please also (re-)test all the other corner cases you reported in the past.
> Those are most likely to be affected by this fix.

Well it certainly seems to fix the AAAA problem (#125); the other bug
that seems related is #124:

http://wiki.powerdns.com/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/124

This still exists, but I'm not sure this is a problem, I only know it
is different then what BIND returns; mostly it probably depends on how
the resolvers handle SERVFAILs.

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us