[Pdns-users] split dns possible

Duane duane at e164.org
Sun Apr 22 09:31:18 UTC 2007

bert hubert wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 09:01:42AM +0200, Martin Hierling wrote:
>
>> I have 2 binds in my dmz with different views, but only some hosts (A recs)
>> are different. for example our internal clients get ip 10.0.0.1 for
>> www.foo.bar sending them direct to the webserver, all external clients gets
>> the official ip  address from our load balancer  located in the dmz. So i
>> need different A records depending in the query source ip. Is that possible?
>
> Yes and no. We don't have "views", but if you only need to special case a
> few records, you can either use the 'geo backend', which does complete
> global distributing of answers based on a map of IP addresses.

Ummm correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this person pre-load the
cache with local info, and have pdns distribute normal results?

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."