[Pdns-users] split dns possible

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Apr 22 08:46:47 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 09:01:42AM +0200, Martin Hierling wrote:

> I have 2 binds in my dmz with different views, but only some hosts (A recs)
> are different. for example our internal clients get ip 10.0.0.1 for
> www.foo.bar sending them direct to the webserver, all external clients gets
> the official ip  address from our load balancer  located in the dmz. So i
> need different A records depending in the query source ip. Is that possible?

Yes and no. We don't have "views", but if you only need to special case a
few records, you can either use the 'geo backend', which does complete
global distributing of answers based on a map of IP addresses.

Or, you could use the 'pipe' backend to map specific questions to one answer
or the other. This is a programming exercise.

Both are more work than "views" are though.

What we could do is make a special 'splitbackend', which could have a
configuration like this:

www.foo.bar { 10.0.0.0/8: 10.0.0.17, 0.0.0.0/0: 213.244.168.210 };

But, that is not there yet.

	Bert