[Pdns-users] mysql timeout

Maik Fuss mailing at one-access.de
Wed Apr 18 23:23:17 UTC 2007

> I had the same problem with my MySQL replication until I changed the
> default timeout settings.
> Here is my my.cnf. Note the slave-net-timeout and master-connect-retry
> options.
>

> [mysqld]
> datadir=/var/lib/mysql
> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> # Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
> # clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
> old_passwords=1
>
> slave-net-timeout=30
> master-connect-retry=30
>
> #Database Replication
> log-bin
> server-id=2
> master-host=xxxxxxxxx
> master-user=xxxxxxxxxx
> master-password=xxxxxxxxx
>
> [mysql.server]
> user=mysql
> basedir=/var/lib
>
> [mysqld_safe]
> err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
> pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

same problem exists...
here is the part from the mysqld

<snip>
[mysqld1]
user                    = mysql
pid-file                = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket                  = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port                    = 3306
datadir                 = /var/lib/mysql/var
language                = /usr/share/mysql/german
skip-external-locking
set-variable            = wait_timeout=60
bind-address            = 192.168.2.1
key_buffer              = 16M
max_allowed_packet      = 16M
thread_stack            = 128K
query_cache_limit       = 1048576
query_cache_size        = 16777216
query_cache_type        = 1
log                     = /var/log/mysql.log
server-id               = 1
log-bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
log-error               = /var/log/mysql.err
max_binlog_size         = 104857600
skip-bdb
old_password            = 1
connect_timeout         = 43200
slave-net-timeout       = 30
master-connect-retry    = 30
</snap>

(i use mysqld_multi)

and after compile the source there is the same problem, so i think its
anything with mysql not pdns

thanks