[Pdns-users] Mysql based supermaster to bind based slave?

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:16:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We are currently running pdns with a mysql backend and relying on
mysql master->slave replication to keep our records up to date. While
we want to keep the mysql backend for the master due to ease of use
and the ability to integrate our own custome front end management to
it, there has been a discussion lately about what to do with our
public authorative servers.

Relying on the mysql backend for replication adds a layer of
complexity to the environment that we are not exactly thrilled with.
If the replication stops, or the mysql slave service dies, or simply
gets overwhelmed AUTH DNS goes down. This for obvious reasons is not
desired.

I am looking for advice/recommendations on this environment where we
can have authorative slaves that are not dependant on mysql - but
still benefit as much as possible from the automatic provisioning and
pruning of the zones from the master.

Thanks in advance,
Max

--