[Pdns-users] powerdns segfaulting (multiple machines)

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Apr 13 22:06:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:27:58AM -0700, Jordan Tardif wrote:
> We currently have 4 powerdns frontends and 2 backends. All of the
> frontends seem to be segfaulting randomly not due to heavy loads or
> anything.. This is the only thing that we have found when it crashes..

Which version? Which backend? Which operating system?

Can you recompile and manually install the binary, but not strip it? In that
case the backtrace will contain more than just numbers, but actual function
names.

> Can anyone shed some light on this? Any way i can get better information
> on why its crashing?

Run a tcpdump concurrently, this will allow us to determine if an
identifiable packet or query is causing the problem.

	Bert