[Pdns-users] Pdns Control

Simon Pearce sp at http.net
Thu Apr 5 11:39:50 UTC 2007

I am succsessfully using the new pdns 1013 snapshot for the last 48h
without any problems. Total queries: 5973605 and that is just one of our
pdns servers we have 5 servers with about the same number of queries. We
use nagios to monitor our DNS servers i would like to write a nagios
plugin to read the pdns stats from the pdns_control socket and display
them as a graph in our nagios webinterface. Are there any undocumented
features in the pdns_control socket or is there a better way of reading
stats from the command line. Because the information in the webinterface
of pdns seems to contain a lot more details of the running server than
the control socket gives me.

Happy Easter

Regards Simon