[Pdns-users] IDN Support - malformed qdomain

Franc Rodriguez franc.rodriguez at tecob.com
Mon Nov 27 15:25:26 UTC 2006

Hello,

I need IDN support in powerdns, I have read that it is not necessary to
do anything special, but at the moment it doesn't work well.

I start the pdns monitor and I see in the console this warning:

Nov 27 16:04:02 Received a malformed qdomain from 192.168.1.1,
'www.caça.cat': dropping

I use the pdns sources version 2.9.20 with the gmysql backend on a
Debian Sarge and mysql 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7.

The punycode is correct and I put here the content of table "domains":

mysql> select * from domains;
+----+-----------------+--------+------------+--------+-----------------+---------+
| id | name            | master | last_check | type   | notified_serial
| account |
|  2 | xn--caa-3la.cat | NULL   |       NULL | NATIVE |            NULL
| NULL    |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance.