[Pdns-users] Some PowerDNS Recursor oddities

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Wed May 17 16:08:06 UTC 2006

Hi Bert,

> Darren - except for the NS records itself, everything you want to do
works
> as you describe above. The only time when you hit a "problem" would be
> when
> you truly change nameservers or nameserver IP addresses.

That IS the situation we are referring to, yes.

> Additionaly, as of this afternoon (see my earlier message), PowerDNS
can
> be
> made to emulate what BIND does exactly.
>
> I'll explain in more detail later, am busy now.

Sounds great- we'll be happy to try it out!  Just let us know when/where
it's available, at your convenience.

I'm sure you're aware of this- but just to be sure- if you're updating
NS TTL records in your cache, you'll need to explicitly handle that
second situation I described where you have "older" servers still
authoritative a zone that they shouldn't be, which causes a
significantly larger issue.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP