[Pdns-users] Re: pdns recursor question

Yusnel Rojas GarcĂ­a yrojass at gmail.com
Wed May 10 03:29:17 UTC 2006

I make the change you told me and yet I get the following error:

> yahoo.com
Server:         10.12.1.1
Address:        10.12.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   yahoo.com
Address: 66.94.234.13
Name:   yahoo.com
Address: 216.109.112.135
> server 10.15.32.99
Default server: 10.15.32.99
Address: 10.15.32.99#53
> yahoo.com
Server:         10.15.32.99
Address:        10.15.32.99#53

** server can't find yahoo.com: SERVFAIL

and my pdns.conf is something like:

launch=gpgsql
gpgsql-host=127.0.0.1
gpgsql-user=one
gpgsql-dbname=POWERDNS
recursor=10.12.1.1
allow-recursion=0.0.0.0
default-soa-name= my.domain.com
lazy-recursion=yes

On 5/9/06, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> You did not answer the questions I asked you, and yet you expect me to
> answer more of yours!
>
> I'm too good for this world. Yes you can point your pdns to another dns, not
> necessary a pdns-recursor one.
>
> All you need to do is add 'recursor=10.12.1.1' to the pdns.conf.
>
> If you have further questions, please tell us how you know it doesn't work.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> bert
>
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 12:08:33AM -0400, Yusnel_Rojas_Garc?a wrote:
> > can't I point my pdns to another dns, not nessesary a pdns-recursor one, a
> > bind dns for instance? which is actually what's running in 10.12.1.1 . How
> > can I resolve queries throgh it?
> > in others words how can I, at the end resolve the pdns unresolved queries
> > through my bind dns at 10.12.1.1
> >
> > thanks for your patience

> > >Does a recursor actually run on 10.12.1.1 already? How did you check if
> > >queries were being resolved?
> > >
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >--
> > >http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
> > >http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services
> > >

> > !DSPAM:446015c7316785091285148!
>
> --
> http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
> http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

--
when a man lies he murders some part of the world
this are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives