[Pdns-users] DNS Replication

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue May 9 12:50:40 UTC 2006

Nico van Royen wrote:

> This would mean you not have 'realtime' updates.  I doubt you do this
> 'update' every minute.  With a large database if would even take several
> minutes to complete the dump -> compress -> copy -> uncompress ->
> patch.  We do need it (near) realtime updates.

Depends what you mean by large, one zone file dump is 16M, but we dump
as soon as there is changes made, the web interface triggers this, and
then the slaves check for SOA changes every minute...

So no, not real time, but then again we have no real need for updates to
occur any quicker... But we could if we wanted to by triggering a remote
update, but again we don't really have a need for updates to occur any
quicker...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
     but the optimist has a better time on the trip."