[Pdns-users] 61 kbyte separate package of the most current powerdns recursor

Justin Hammond justin at dynam.ac
Mon Mar 27 16:24:53 UTC 2006

Hi,
Just a idea, might be worthwhile versioning these "snapshots" with a
SVN revision number, to help us (the users) and at least you, to know
what version we running when reporting problems etc.

Second, in regards to your question about packaging a separate
release for the recursor, why don't you include the recursor in the
standard PDNS releases you do (same as today) as well as offering a
separate versioned release for the recursor. For me, I use the PDNS
on my nameservers, of which 2 are serving recursing clients as well,
so its just a bit more "troublesome" to download or keep track of two
releases rather than one.

Cheers for the effort you guys put into PDNS, cause in turn, its
saved me effort as well.

Thanks

Justin