[Pdns-users] signal 6 - pdns 2.9.20 from RPM on RHEL ES v3

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Mar 23 21:19:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 03:09:12PM -0600, Kirk Friggstad wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'm trying to get pdns running on a RedHat Enterprise v3 box - downloaded
> and installed the RPM from powerdns.com - but I keep getting a signal 6
> whenever I start. /var/log/messages excerpt below:

Signal 6 is usually 'Abort'.

Can you do three things:

1) try removing your setuid and getuid statements from the configuration
briefly to see if the problem goes away

2) try the RPMs from ftp://ftp.monshouwer.com/pub/linux/powerdns - they are
for RHEL4, but who knows

3) send me the named.conf privately

Thanks!