[Pdns-users] Power DNS & MySQL Versions 5

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:40:00 UTC 2006

More information...

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

This is actually a timeout in the mysql server that by default closes
connections after 8 hours (which is exactly what happened to us as we
have been testing our new platform for rollout). It is possible to
increase the timeout on the server but better solutions would be to:

- Periodically ping the mysql connection,
- Test the connection with a ping prior to query,
- Periodically close and reopen the connection,
- etc.

Hope this helps and thanks!
Max

--