[Pdns-users] Power DNS & MySQL Versions 5

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:30:06 UTC 2006

I am having the same problem - however this seems more specific to the
client than the server. Versions included below.

Thanks,
Max

Server
--
[root at db01 ~]# uname -a
Linux db01.foo.com 2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Oct 27 13:14:25 CDT

[root at db01 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 4.2 (Final

[root at db01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
mysql-devel-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9004-3.1
mysql-bench-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
mysql-server-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
php-mysql-4.3.9-3.9
mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1

srv01# uname -a
FreeBSD srv01.foo.com 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Sun Jun 25
02:56:27 GMT 2006
root at srv01.foo.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/supermicro_1u  i386

srv01# pkg_info | grep -i mysql
mysql-client-5.0.22 Multithreaded SQL database (client)

On 5/31/06, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> I'll look into the mysql 5 issue soonest. It is supposed to work fine.
>
> Thanks for reporting the problem.
>
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:57:13PM -0400, Garland, Ken R wrote:
> > Jeremy May wrote:

> > >i currently use mysql 5 (backports on debian) with powerdns and the
> > >gmysql backend and it works great!.
> >
> > I have this setup as well, but it works poorly. Sorry to hijack the
> > thread here, I recently wrote in but I think it was regected as I was
> > not signed up as a member yet.
> >
> > The problem I am having is:
> >
> > May 30 09:13:53 HOSTNAME pdns[6621]: Backend error: Failed to execute
> > mysql_query, perhaps connection died? Err=1: MySQL server has gone
> > away
> >
> > I've set wait_timeout = 60000 in my.cnf but still getting this error.
> > The last successful query was well over 16 hours (60000, roughly) so
> > it was past the timeout period. However, in production this is just
> > not acceptable. What if there are no queries in that time, do I have
> > to manually reset the server everytime or set the timeout to infinity.
> > How to bypass this timeout feature and what is the point of it. It
> > really makes no sense as you want a service available 24/7, that is
> > the point of running these services. I've never had to deal with this
> > problem, shouldn't the pdns daemon have some sort of refresh
> > rec-connect switch built-in that allows it to establish a connection
> > when needed, or just connect without timeout.
> >
> > I'm running Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 with MySQL 5.
> >

> > !DSPAM:447ca3b0315261635413018!
>
> --
> http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
> http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services