[Pdns-users] New features for the OpenDBX backend

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sun Jun 18 09:50:29 UTC 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 23:09, Lukas Beeler wrote:
> How do i configure opendbx to connect to my MySQL database
> using a Socket? I've tried the usual tricks with setting
> host-read to localhost:/path/to/socket, setting port to
> /path/to/socket, but neither worked. Theres no -socket
> configuration parameter either.

Sockets are not supported by the opendbx backend because they can be only used
if PowerDNS and the Database server are on the same host. The primary goal of
the OpenDBX backend are environments where load balancing, fail-over or fault
tolerance is important. If you don't need this, the gmysql backend also does
a good job.

> I've had a few Problems with compiling OpenDBX itself, but was
> able to fix that myself (updated the Wiki-Installation pages).

Thank you for the updates :-)

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key