[Pdns-users] Power DNS and Microsoft SQL backend.

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Sat Jun 10 03:27:26 UTC 2006

Barry Bourdage wrote:
> Has anyone implemented PowerDNS on Linux box, connecting to a Microsoft
> SQL Server ?.
>
> I know it does not make sense cost wise, buy we have a large investment
> in SQL Servers, so our actual cost is not bad.

Some Googling reveals that PowerDNS' OpenDBX backend may allow you to
link FreeTDS (a client library for Sybase and Microsoft's SQL servers) -
or at least a development version of OpenDBX may allow this. See
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2006-April/003310.html
for some useful information. This may have made its way into a released
version of OpenDBX by now, but I don't use it; you'll have to do some
additional research.

Good luck.

--
Derrik Pates