[Pdns-users] pdns_server won't start at reboot on freebsd 6.1

Lehel Bernadt lists at pmc-services.hu
Wed Jun 7 12:13:47 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 07:38, Marko Kobal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> root# ls -ld /tmp
> >> drwxrwxrwt  9 root  wheel  512  7 jun 03:04 /tmp
> >> root# ls -la /tmp/mysql*
> >> srwxrwxrwx  1 mysql  wheel  0  6 jun 19:15 /tmp/mysql.sock
> >
> > Aehm. Whe is /tmp/mysql_system.sock? Why will pdns_server connect
> > mysql on /tmp/mysql_system.sock?
>
> Dimitrij, this conf is from the other server (I mentioned this in one of
> the posts) -> I wanted to eliminate the problems with dual mysql deamons
> and custom mysql configuration so I tested this on antoher server where
> single MySQL deamon wich runs with generic configuration and there is the
> same problem with pdns_server that won't start at reboot!

Well as far as the configuration is concerned, i don't think there is a
problem. The problem seems to be the unusually long startup time for the
mysql server.
Because sometimes i also get these
"gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database"
messages under linux too at startup, but the mysql server comes online soon
enough for pdns not to exit because of too many errors.
My advice is to add a "sleep 5" line at the beginning of the pdns startup
script and see if that fixes it. And check the mysql log for anomalies that
could cause this startup delay.