[Pdns-users] PDNS LDAP backend uses incorrect search filter for root

Jan-Piet Mens jpm at retail-sc.com
Tue Jun 6 12:35:29 UTC 2006

On Tue Jun 06 2006 at 13:36:38 CEST, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:

> Are you having entries for root servers in your LDAP tree? If not, the
> recursor should be queried by PowerDNS to get this - or is the problem that
> SERVFAIL is returned and the recursor is not even asked for the root server
> entries?

Without the patch, a `dig @localhost .' returns
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 36914

even though I have the following entry in the directory:

	dn: dc=ROOT,ou=dns2,ou=dns,o=isp
	objectClass: top
	objectClass: dcObject
	objectClass: dNSDomain2
	objectClass: domainRelatedObject
	dc: ROOT
	sOARecord: ns.k.de me at mens.de 1 1800 3600 86400 7200
	nSRecord: ns.k.de
	associatedDomain: .

with the patch and the same entry, I get this from PDNS:

;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;.                              IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
.                       3600    IN      NS      ns.k.de.

Does that help you?

	-JP