[Pdns-users] PDNS LDAP backend uses incorrect search filter for root

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Tue Jun 6 11:36:38 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 13:12, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> On Sat Jun 03 2006 at 15:02:14 CEST, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> > > Am I on the right track?
> >
> > Maybe. If you do not apply your patch, do you get incorrect results or
> > are there only these filter="(?=undefined)" messages in your log?
>
> I get incorrect results because the filter returns no results.

I trying to understand your problem in more detail, so I might ask silly
questions :-)

Are you having entries for root servers in your LDAP tree? If not, the
recursor should be queried by PowerDNS to get this - or is the problem that
SERVFAIL is returned and the recursor is not even asked for the root server
entries?

Thanks

Norbert
--