[Pdns-users] Recursor has trouble with congested links?

Ian Tester ian at testers.homelinux.net
Sat Jun 10 04:40:59 UTC 2006

Hi,
	I've been trying to use the PowerDNS recursor on my family's home
network. We have a slow 256/64 ADSL link and a few users who frequently
clog it up with lots of downloads and uploads. During these times I've
found that the recursor times out or something and returns a negative
response.

I've set "client-tcp-timeout=60" in recursor.conf, but that's dealing with
the wrong side of the connection isn't it?

Is there anything that can be done to improve the recursor's resilience to
a clogged internet connection?

Thanks,
bye