[Pdns-users] Re: Pdns-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 22

Juergen Ilse powerdns at usenet-verwaltung.de
Fri Jul 28 18:55:28 UTC 2006

Hallo,

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:52:57 +0100
> From: Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com>
> Subject: [Pdns-users] BIND Primary, PowerDNS Secondaries....
> To: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
>
> I've got a couple of zones which are served by a BIND master (we've got some
> custom zone checking scripts) and PowerDNS slaves.
> This works great but we've still got to configure the slaves with the zone
> records.

You may automate the adding of new zones, when you declare the master
as "supermaster" (look at the documentation). I think the deletion of
zones or the change of the primary Nameserver must still be done manu-
ally, but i think the use of "supermasters" can still be helpful.

> Does anyone else do this, and if so, how to you manage the updating
> of the slave configs in a sensible fashion?

I didn't tried that, but i think, that is maybe a partial solution of
the problem ...

bye,
	Juergen Ilse			(juergen at usenet-verwaltung.de)