[Pdns-users] PDNS and MSSQL 2000

Michael C. Gates michael at gatesadweb.com
Fri Jul 21 02:00:02 UTC 2006

Good evening,

I looked everywhere for this answer, but no luck. I am trying to use
PowerDNS instead of Microsoft DNS mainly because it is easier to manage. I
don't like having to open the console to manage it. I love the ODBC support.
I tested with Access, and it works fine. Here is what I get with MSSQL.
Everything connects fine, just like Access except when I run something from
nslookup.

> gateshosting.com

> Error receiving packet from recursor backend: No error...

I checked everything. SQL settings are correct, MSSQL and ODBC Data Source
is working fine.

launch=godbc

godbc-datasource=PowerDNS
godbc-username=myusername
godbc-password=mypassword

The table is records, just like in Access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael C. Gates
www.gateshosting.com