[Pdns-users] Fancy records in 2.9.20

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Fri Jul 14 15:45:20 UTC 2006

Bert, et al.:

I've finally tracked down the *one* thing that prevented me from putting
PowerDNS 2.9.20 into production. As you might have guessed from the
subject, the problem is fancy records - URL, CURL and MBOXFW. It appears
that due to a change in the implementation of makeCanonic, specifically
its return values, the comparison against its return value causes the
question() method in packethandler.cc to return an empty packet after
trying to canonicalize out CNAMEs, even if there were no CNAMEs for the
given name. Please see the attached patch (which only patches one line,
really) for the solution. I'll see about attaching this to the Trac bug
about the same issue.

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net