[Pdns-users] warning: powerdns 3.1.2 has been reported to crash

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Jul 5 13:55:20 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I've had 3 separate reports of the PowerDNS recursor version 3.1.2 crashing,
on different operating systems, on different architectures. I've seen one
crash myself.

As a precaution, everybody running 3.1.2 is advised to run the recursor in a
loop, like this:

while true; do pdns_recursor --daemon=no ; done

This will restart the recursor in case of problems.

I have a number of core dumps I can investigate, I hope to have a solution
soon.

In the meantime, please accept our apologies.

Kind regards,

bert hubert