chnage_date question (Was: [Pdns-users] Two questions about powerdns)

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Jan 22 19:22:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 09:04:59PM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:

> About change_date - I see that its defined in the database as an
> integer. why isn't it defines as a timestamp (causing it to
> automatically update whenever the record updates) ?

This feature differs a lot among nameservers, PowerDNS would have to be very
aware of this. You can still set the field to some sort of automatic
timestamp, just be sure to update Derk's SQL command so that it converts
your timestamp to something that counts ever upwards.

This can be done in the configuration, --gmysql-get-max-timestamp-command or so.