[Pdns-users] Two questions about powerdns

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Sun Jan 22 11:14:28 UTC 2006

On Sunday, 22 בJanuary 2006 12:52, bert hubert wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 12:43:43PM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > It kind of annoying, because the SOA serial is stuck in the middle
> > of the SOA record that is stored textually in the records table -
> > so I can't easily automate it. In moving to power dns, I was hoping
> > to get rid of all the specially crafted text parsing that had to be
> > done to manage bind domains, and apparently that is not the case.
>
> It is something I want fixed ASAP indeed.

I think it would be a good thing :-) How do you plan on doing that ? I
was thinking about automatically generating it from the newest update
time of all the records for a domain, but of course the SOA record
itself will not be updated - and I'm not sure what will the impact of
that be.

> There is an RPM on the snapshots page, you could try it.

Thanks - is there a source RPM or spec file that I could look at ? I
don't particularly like to deploy unknown RPMs on my systems.

> "Soon", but no promises, sorry.

Cool. "soon" as in "as soon as its ready" is good for me :-)

--
Oded

::..
All extremists should be taken out and shot.