[Pdns-users] Recursor backend timeout

Olly Butterfield olly at gyron.net
Tue Jan 17 09:52:58 UTC 2006

An update...

> This is very most likely not a powerdns problem. Bind has the
> habit of not answering questions if it can't find an answer.

One of these periods of timeouts was lucky enough to happen during the day,
so I could have a look at it. I did a dig on www.google.com using the IP
powerdns is running on, and it timed out. I did another one using the IP
that bind is running on and it worked. Very odd!

I don't believe I'm running the most recent version though, and the past
couple seem to have some bugfixes/imporvements with regards to recursion, so
I'll see if an upgrade has any effect.