[Pdns-users] Pipe Backend causes Signal 6

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Feb 20 23:42:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 03:53:08PM -0500, Steve Chapman wrote:

> that is causing issues.  Am I missing some sort of exit clause that states
> "If you don't find a response for a request for which you should be
> authoritative, exit normally"? Or am I doing something with PDNS that is so
> objectionable that it's vomiting at me?

When not auth, your pipebackend should simply state it has no data by
immediately replying 'END'. What you are doing *might* work, but the
pipebackend is not really the place to transfer queries to another
nameserver as you appear to be doing.

I'll try to reproduce your bug, the script should not be able to crash
powerdns!

I'm also trying to understand what you are doing exactly and if 'recursor='
in the confguration would suit your needs better.

	Bert