[Pdns-users] PDNS recursor ignores query-local-address for TCP queries

Wayne Tucker wtucker at donobi.com
Fri Dec 8 20:23:20 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I was doing a review of my network activity and I noticed that PDNS
Recursor (verified in 3.1.4) ignores the query-local-address option when
performing TCP queries.

I've attached a quick and dirty patch that makes a call to Socket.bind()
in lwres.cc.  It isn't the most elegant code, but it's about the limit
of what I can remember how to do in C++ these days.  So far it hasn't
caused any trouble on my system (Linux, 2.6.8 kernel), but I haven't
tested it extensively yet.

- Wayne