[Pdns-users] PowerDNS recursor 3.1.2 (Debian) problem

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Aug 30 19:37:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 03:12:33PM -0400, Derrik Pates wrote:
> After running the 3.1.2 release since last Friday, all had been going
> well. However, today I noticed it started spewing this message:

3.1.2 is known to have some slight issues, none if which would directly
cause the problem you describe, but might cause general oddities, which
could look like this.

If this happens again with 3.1.3-pre2, which is about to be released as
3.1.3 unchanged (see http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots), try the following:

$ dig -t ns . @your-recursor-ip

$ dig -t any missing-domain @your-recursor-ip

There have been zero reports of this kind of misbehaviour against
3.1.3-pre2, which is powering millions and millions of connections.

There have been general problems reported with 3.1.2.

Please let us know!