[Pdns-users] PowerDNS recursor 3.1.2 (Debian) problem

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Wed Aug 30 19:12:33 UTC 2006

All,

I've been pleasantly surprised by the latest PowerDNS recursor release
thus far. Its stability and functionality has obviously far improved.
However, it does appear to still have an issue that I'm running up against.

After running the 3.1.2 release since last Friday, all had been going
well. However, today I noticed it started spewing this message:

Aug 30 11:13:10 ns1 pdns_recursor[32357]: Failed to update . records,
RCODE=2

about once every 1-2 seconds. I was then informed that a record in one
of our own authoritative zones, which has been there for some months,
was not visible via the recursor. I attempted to restart it, and after
that, everything resumed functioning normally. (That was the only record
I know of for sure, but there could have been others.)

I'll likely begin digging through the code soon, but are there any
suggestions on where I should look first to possibly solve this?

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net