[Pdns-users] BIND Primary, PowerDNS Secondaries....

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Sat Aug 26 17:09:02 UTC 2006

Augie Schwer wrote:
> Putting a constraint in the records table just means the records for
> that zone are removed when the entry in the domain table is removed,
> but you still have the problem of removing that domain on the slave in
> some automatic fashion right?

I use the InnoDB tables, an ON CASCADE DELETE on the records table, and
the attached script to prune out stale domains as a daily cron task.
It's a fairly simple script, as you can see. It could certainly be
slimmed down a bit more (I have it output a fair amount of debug info so
that I can see it's doing its job as I expect).

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net