[Pdns-users] Suggestion....

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Aug 26 08:58:52 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:33:54PM +0000, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> Let me guess, you are using MySQL?

This is the PowerDNS mailing list, not the 'flame MySQL to death' list.

PostgreSQL supports a native address type, and it uses 12 bytes per IP
address, which is not a real savings. This is the reason why PowerDNS chose
the middle ground of storing IP addresses as ASCII in the default
configuration.

As Sten said earlier, feel free to change the generic queries to support any
kind of storage you want.

And please don't flame, I really hate it when this happens. We have fine
support for all databases and we don't want to bother people too much in
their choices.

	Bert