[Pdns-users] Recursion failing on certain records?

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Tue Aug 22 19:52:51 UTC 2006

Hi Kirk,

I spent a few minutes looking at how these two zones are set up on both
the authoritative server and the provider

I can say with certainty that both zones are configured in a way that
PowerDNS versions prior to 3.1.2 don't handle properly.  This is the
cause of your problem.  I will bet that if you were to query the 2.X
server for the NS records for this zone when it is broken, you will see
a single, broken NS record that is not present on the 3.1.2 server at
all.

More recent pdns versions have lots of other useful fixes, too.

FYI,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP