[Pdns-users] Recursion failing on certain records?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Aug 22 18:51:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:52:05AM -0600, Kirk Friggstad wrote:

> I've been puzzling through some strangeness in our PowerDNS installations
> here. Recursive queries for certain records/domains have been failing
> consistently for a number of weeks - two examples are:
> 	mail.acegroup.cc
> 	mail.hivelocity.net

Could you run "tcpdump -s 1600 -i any -w for-bert port 53" on your PowerDNS
2.9.20 server while you query it for mail.acegroup.cc, and mail me the
for-bert file separately (privately)?

Also, if possible, could you run the recursor your 2.9.20 server points to
in --verbose --trace mode while you query, and send me the logs?

It doesn't appear there is anything obviously wrong with your setup.

Thanks.

> Querying a 2.9.20 recursor directly returns a SERVFAIL.

Can you double double double check you are pointing both your auth servers
at the 3.1.2 version?

	Bert